👋 Hi, my name is Remi Mercier (
ray · me · mercy · 'ey ).
Without further ado, here are a few things you might want to know about me.
- am a former stained glass maker specialized in conservation and restoration,
- drew infographics for grassroot organizations for two years,
- spearheaded inbound marketing for an open data startup for four years,
- developed harry.team and Strike it after attending the Wagon Ruby on Rails bootcamp,
- teached Ruby, Rails and much much more @Le Wagon Paris,
- live in Paris, tweet my coding sprees and headaches on Twitter,
- build wooden furniture on my balcony.
That’s it for now. Want to know more? Here’s what I’m doing right now and some kind of resume down there 👇.
What have I done these past few years?
👉 Fullstack developer: Hosman, 2019-2020 I designed, coded, and shiped to production https://hosman.co, an app to streamline real estate transactions.
Some cool features:
- Replicate properties’ advert across ~40 real estate portals with one click.
- MVP-ish CRM to gather potential buyers’ details, etc…
Those save the sales team more than 5,000 hours per annum in terms of workload (as of 2020).
👉 Teacher: Le Wagon Paris, 2018 Helping out students coding their way through the first four weeks of the coding bootcamp:
- Ruby and programming basics
- OOP and MVC design pattern
- Database design and SQL
Remi is a great Teaching Assistant! He is kind, patient, pedagogue and dedicated. Cécile - batch 200
Rémi is really nice. He'll not only helping code through your task, he'll explain the notions to you in your own way. One of my favourite Teaching Assistant. Grégoire - batch 220
Remi was a great tutor - always in good spirits and with lots of helpful tips! Esther - batch 220
Remi was one of the funniest, most motivating and most efficient Teaching Assistants I had. Louis - batch 177
👉 Lead Generation Manager: OpenDataSoft, 2014-2018 OpenDataSoft is a B2B SaaS that allows non-technical users to turn structured data into REST APIs and visualizations.
- Developed a lead generation pipeline from the ground up generating +600,000€ ARR.
- Coded opendatainception.io using an open source AngularJS widgets library and OpenDataSoft API to grow traffic acquisition. +100,000 unique visitors to date.
- Learnt technical workflow to maintain websites and projects: git, Github, code reviews, deployment, etc.
👉 Digital Marketing Consultant: RMMRCR, 2012-2014 Focused on strategies to create and leverage content across social media for grassroot organizations. Specialized in infographics explaining complex subjects such as the Common Agricultural Policy.
👉 Master 2 Digital Project Management, 2016 Wrote a 140,000-character essay about the many ways APIs structure startup ventures.
👉 Mentor: Rails Girls, 2018 Explaining RoR basics and helping out ~20 women to start building their ideas.
Toute la team de la journée ! Fierté ! pic.twitter.com/j8ot0djqa0— RailsGirls Paris (@RailsGirlsParis) June 16, 2018